CVC4 tutorial to run at CADE-24
Our tutorial entitled “Becoming a power user of SMT: The CVC4 solver, how it works, and how best to use it” was just accepted to run at CADE-24 in June 2013 in Lake Placid, NY. We are excited to have the opportunity to demonstrate the capabilities of CVC4 and to use it as a teaching device.
Planned topics to cover include:
- how to encode a variety of verification problems as SMT queries;
- how to develop and run SMT-LIB command scripts;
- how to run CVC4 interactively from the command line;
- how to use CVC4 as a programming library;
- common problems encountered when using SMT solvers; and
- selected details about what goes on “under the hood” in an SMT solver.
This tutorial will turn casual users of SMT into users capable of encoding complex, real-world problems in SMT and effectively tuning and using CVC4 to solve them.