How do I... ?
This page is a repository for questions about working with CVC4. If you have a question, please add it here. If you have an answer, please add the answer to the Developer's Guide, or another wiki page, and then link to it from here.
- 1 Dealing with ANTLR3
- 2 Dealing with the build process
- 3 Dealing with Subversion
- 4 Dealing with the source tree
- 5 Dealing with tests
- 6 Dealing with code coverage
- 7 Dealing with performance
- 8 Dealing with the main CVC4 driver program
- 9 Dealing with code reviews
- 10 Dealing with the services on the Church server
- 11 Dealing with adding a new theory
Dealing with ANTLR3
Dealing with the build process
Dealing with Subversion
- ...check out CVC4 from the repository?
- ...access the repository from Eclipse?
- ...browse CVC4 sources online?
- ...update my working copy to the newest committed version?
- ...rename a file or directory?
- ...revert changes in my working directory?
- ...revert changes that have already been committed to the repository?
- ...see what I've changed in my working copy?
- ...resolve a conflict?
- ...create a branch?
- ...merge a branch back into the trunk?
- ...symbolically tag a version?
- ...make Subversion recognize that a file should be executable?
Dealing with the source tree
- ...add support for a new theory to CVC4?
- ...add a new source directory to the tree?
- ...add a new source file to the tree?
- ...add a new source file/directory to the tree from another project (under different copyright)?
- ...update the copyright information at the top of each file in the tree?
Dealing with tests
- ...add a new unit test?
- ...add a new system regression?
- ...add a new regression?
- ...attach a debugger to unit tests?
- ...avoid rebuilding all tests after trivial code changes to the library?
- ...deal with this strange compile error on my unit test?
Dealing with code coverage
Dealing with performance
Dealing with the main CVC4 driver program
Dealing with code reviews
Dealing with the services on the Church server
NOTE: This information is deprecated but we might want to review it.
- ...add CVC4 meeting minutes to the wiki?
- ...add electronic notes to CVC4 meeting minutes?
- ...run a CVC4 meeting?
Dealing with adding a new theory
For information on how to add a new theory see How to write a theory in CVC4.